Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What a Weekend!!

What a whirlwind of a week! Tuesday the Lady Aggies win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! I was soo happy. I sure did wear my aggie ring with more pride than ever the next day! I had a long exhausting week with very late hours! Come Friday, I was ready to head to Vernon for my sister's wedding shower! But I had NO IDEA what was in store for me on this trip home.

I was so excited because Josh was not going to chilifest and decided to come with me, and I got off at 1 on Friday! I was so excited to see my family and to go to my sisters big wedding shower Saturday Morning. I ran into a wardrobe malfunction and my sister and I made an emergency trip to Wal MArt at 10:30pm. We were literally grabbing everything and luckily found me an outfit, that wasnt too bad! I got many compliments on it! Any trip to wal mart is not quick nor cheap with me and my sister! We laugh and always find a ton of things and then wonder how the heck we spent that much! The shower was beautiful and perfect! I was so happy for my sister!


My weekend soon changed into one of the most memorable nights of my life! Josh proposed Saturday night! It was perfect! I was completely shocked, crying, and full of excitement! My family including future brother-in-law, and our 2 dogs and my horse were all there, which made it 10x more perfect! You always think of the day you get engaged and how it is going to happen, and how you will feel, BUT no matter how many times I had thought about it I never even expected it to be this perfect! Josh was soo happy also, which made me cry even more and that much more excited. To see him so excited about asking me to spend the rest of my life with him and have that much emotion will be a moment I will never forget. He is amazing. He did so good having my family around because they are such a huge part of my life and being hours away from them right after I got engaged would have been hard. It was so nice to get to celebrate with them that night! My sister, TJ, Josh, and I decided we were going to go out in the Big Ol Town of Vernon and celebrate, because y not!! If you are not familiar with Vernon there are not a whole lot of places to celebrate minus the Cotton Boll & Crazy Mikes. We went to the Cotton Boll first because it was closest to the house, as we are parking we are discussing that we do not have any cash, but oh well we will just start a tab. As we are walking up to the door a BIG SIGN says "NO DEBIT CARDS, NO CREDIT CARDS, NO TABS" Awesome. Our plan was to start a tab on our debit card....no happening. Strike 1 So we head to the next bar....no sign on the door! Yes, we are golden....or so we thought! Then a tiny sign once we are in..."No debit Cards or Credit Cards CASH OR CHECK ONLY" Check? Really? who carries a checkbook anymore? Much less takes checks? Those things can bounce like crazy! So Strike 2. Then we see a guy get layed out...Strike 3. We soon went home and hung out at the house! haha Good ol' Vernon!! Sunday we headed back home as a newly engaged couple still beaming from ear to ear, both of us!

As for wedding planning....little overwhelmed. I know, I havent been engaged but 4 days, but if you know me you know I am a plan freak! And I like to know ALL MY OPTIONS before I make a decision, ESPECIALLY with money! So I have been calling around and we have our first two appointments this weekend Friday at 3 and Saturday at 3:30! We are excited! We have soo many weddings and weekends away that this is the one weekend the wedding is nearby so we are trying to look at a few to nail down a venue and date before Memorial Day. Wish us luck! We have some pretty awesome ideas that I cant wait to see all come into play!! :)
I leave with a few photos from my incredible weekend! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!




1 comment:

  1. Yay! I think it's great you are already planning. Finding the place and date is the big thing and you will feel so good to secure that detail.
    Make sure you sit down at some point and write down everything you can remember about that day you got engaged! I know you have a video, so that helps, but write down everything you felt and all the details and what was said. I did that and I'm so glad, because believe it or not, it's hard to remember everything later. I get so annoyed because when I ask my parents how they got engaged and what Dad said, they're both like, "Uh, I can't remember!" I forgot to write down a good journal with my wedding day and now I am going back and I have trouble remembering some of the details.

    ReplyDelete